Chaperones needed and Senior Night Photos
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017
We are in need of 2 parent chaperones for Friday’s workshop to CSU, we are departing at 8 a.m. and will return between 2 and 3 p.m. to the school. Please let me know if you are available, it’s very light duty.
SENIORS and SENIOR PARENTS:
Please find below a direct link for Harris County Senior Night 2017. You may view and order pictures online.
Info update – 9 Weeks exemption status/Composite Photos
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017
Anytime the kids play with a band event (or any sport event, competition, or field trip) that pulls them out of class it will NOT affect their exemption status. They will be marked as EXC or FTE which stands for extracurricular or field trip and it has NO affect on their attendance policy. It doesn’t count as excused or unexcused absences and does NOT calculate into their attendance.Please note it IS the student/parents responsibility to ensure it gets marked correctly. We turn in a list of names and often the people who enter the attendance make mistakes when entering the large volume of names.
Composite Photos were previously schedule to be taken Friday, but have been rescheduled for January 17. Students will take these photos in their band class. Students not in a band class will take them after school in full uniform. Order forms will be sent home in January.
Saturday – March of Dimes at Fantasy In Lights
Monday, November 6th, 2017
On Saturday evening, drum line members will perform for the Fantasy in Lights 25th March of Dimes Walk. Each drum line member receives a free ticket to the event and will be allowed to walk it.
Parents/family can attend, but will need to purchase tickets through Callaway Gardens.
From Friday Night’s Game – Battery take instrument and mallets home.
Attire – A4 with layers under and over, sweat pants, tennis shoes (low temp is 47 degrees, the walk is 7 miles long)
Report at 4:30 to Callaway Gardens (providing time to get in and park), present ticket for entrance as performer.
5:00 p.m. meet at pavilion stage for set up and instructions from coordinator (meet Mrs. C there, this is where they will exchange tickets for wrist bands as performers.)
Battery will play 5:30 – 6 p.m. for the start of the ceremony at pavilion and will lead the crowd to the entrance. Once the masses have cleared the entrance, we will provide time to pack up drums before letting you guys take the optional walk, the walk through Callaway isn’t required, but is good family fun.
Below is ticketing information for other band students and friends and family Callaway’s website:
25th Annual March of Dimes Night Walk | Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017
Christmas Village at Robin Lake Beach
Put a holiday twist on the campaign for healthier babies by walking through Fantasy In Lights® to benefit the March of Dimes.
Please note that there will be no vehicles on this night. The walk begins at Robin Lake Beach. Walkers who choose to ride the shuttle bus back at the end of the light show will be at the five mile mark. Some guests choose to walk the entire route back to the beach. This would be a total of seven miles. For those who run out of steam, there is a vehicle that picks up those guests, too. After the walk, be sure to stop by the Pavilion to enjoy hot chocolate and cookies while you enjoy watching the two animated Fantasy In Lights shows on the beach.
$21* per Adult; $10.50* per Child (ages 6-12); Children 5 and younger are free.
1. You will be outdoors for at least one hour during this event (walk is approxiamtely 5 or 7 miles long). Dress for the weather. Layers, comfortable walking shoes, and flashlights are recommended. Before you depart home, check the weather in Pine Mountain, Ga (Zip: 31822).
2. Be sure to print and bring your ticket with you. A ticket for each person in your party must be presented to gain admission to Fantasy In Lights and Callaway Gardens.
3. Visit the registration table in the Christmas Village prior to the start time to show ticket, receive wristband, and prepare for walk.
4. Be sure to use the restroom, eat, hydrate, etc. before beginning the walk to ensure you are comfortable during the event. Strollers and wagons are recommended for children.
5. Don’t miss the two scenes at Robin Lake Beach – ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Nativity scenes.
6. All walkers must begin before 7:20 p.m. Tickets will be available online until 11:45 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10. They will be available onsite on Saturday, Nov. 11.
*Each ticket purchase includes admission to Callaway Gardens on Saturday, Nov. 11, a $20 value per adult, $10 value per child (age 6-12).